Thief River Golf Club Temporary Operations
Rules and Regulations 2020
With the driving range and golf course opening soon the following will be the procedures in place until further notice.THESE TEMPORARY OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES MUST BE FOLLOWED BY ALL GOLFERS AT ALL TIMES in order to ensure the Thief River Golf Club is a responsible and healthy place for golfers and golf staff.
Please keep in mind the current social distancing requirements of 6 feet away from other people at all times, other than household members. This requirement will dictate the level of services staff will be able to provide to our golfers.
Note: These temporary rules and regulations are fluid and may be adjusted or change at any time based on the state of the environment & government guidance.
- Tee Times – All tee times may be either booked online at thiefrivergolfclub.com or calling the pro-shop at 218-681-2955 in advance. Unfortunately, no “walk-on” golf is allowed at this time.
We request that you show up no earlier than 20 minutes before your tee time. Do not head up to the first tee until the group in front of you has teed off and has left the teeing area.
Group size-The maximum number of players in a group at this time is 4 golfers. No fivesomes will be allowed
- Check-in/Payment- Check-in and payment will be handled in the pro-shop window by the entry door. Please be patient and stay 6 feet away from the next guest. We will accept member charge, credit cards, checks and cash.
- Driving Range- Will be open to all guests.
- Putting Green by the Clubhouse – It will be open, will have a pool noodle in the cup, and a maximum of 6 golfers will be allowed at any given time. Please only use to warm up before your tee time and to stay 6 feet away from other guests.
- Pro-Shop- The pro-shop will have modified procedures. Only the golf staff will be allowed inside and will assist you with payments and any merchandise you may need. We have single serve beverages and golf apparel in stock. The club is encouraging guests to call ahead with purchases; we will have them ready when you arrive. Unfortunately, there can be no returns on purchases made, so please be sure of your size and choice. Once touched, it cannot come back into the pro-shop. Your support is greatly appreciated!!
- Restrooms- Restrooms will be open in the clubhouse only. No restrooms are available on the course at this time. Please remember to practice good hygiene and wash your hands thoroughly while using the restroom, as the staff will be unable to disinfect after each use by a member.
- Golf Carts- Power carts can be operated by single riders only. Family living in the same household and who arrive together will be allowed to use the same cart. We will clean and disinfect after each use. The same procedures will be used for the club owned push carts.
- Members Carts– Please disinfect and sanitize after each use. If you do not have access to disinfectants please stop by the pro shop, and we will sanitize and wipe it down for you.
- Tournaments/Events & Leagues- Unfortunately with the temporary local rules, course set up, and restrictions, there will be no official tournaments, events, or leagues being played at this time. We are open for golf on a recreational basis in an effort to comply with current social distancing guidelines and highly discourage games or formats that require groups congregating before or after the completion of the round.
- Parking Lot Congregation- Do not congregate in the parking lot before or after your round. This will be the quickest way to have our access to golf taken away by the state and federal government. All social distancing requirements apply to all of the golf course grounds including the parking lot.
Golf Course Set Up
- Bunkers- No rakes on the course! We will be raking daily and guests can smooth the sand with feet or clubs. If a ball lands in a previous player’s divot or footprint in the bunker, the player can reposition the ball in an area of the bunker that has not been disturbed with no penalty.
- Flagsticks- KEEP PIN IN…DO NOT TOUCH!! There will be a pool noodle around the flagstick above ground, when the golf ball makes contact with it, it is considered in.
- Ball Washers– No ball washers on the course.
- Coolers- There are no coolers on the course.
- Yardage Stakes – We will continue to use yardage stakes, but please do not touch. You can move up to a club length away with no penalty.
*The Board, Management and Staff of Thief River Golf Club are looking forward to serving you. Your input is important to us and if you have any questions or concerns please let us know. We thank you ahead of time for your patience and cooperation…these challenges and circumstance are new to all of us and we will learn and adapt as needed to try to keep our members and staff safe and healthy.